2.20.2008

I Found a Lily in My Valley

Alone and broken hearted, tried to calm the raging battles in my mind,
In search of many answers that my troubled soul just couldn't seem to find.
And I saw a flower blooming where there was no rain or sunshine,
And I knew not that this flower would change the rest of my life.

I found a Lily in my valley
And I found strength when I was worn
I found a place to leave my burdens,
And I found refuge from the storm.
A place where I trade my dark skies
To beaming rays of Sunshine
I found a Lily in my valley
And He blooms all the time.

If you're down and brokenhearted, and you just can't to seem to find the peace of mind
You're searching for your answers, but your problems are getting worse all the time.
Just reach your hand to Jesus, He'll take you in and break the ties that bind.
He'll be your Lily in your valley, and you'll watch Him bloom all the time.

He'll be your Lily in your valley,
He'll be your strength when you are worn,
He'll be a place to leave your burdens,
He'll give you refuge from the storm.
A place where you'll trade your dark skies
To beaming rays of Sunshine
He'll be your Lily in your valley
And He'll bloom all the time.


This song struck a chord with me. I listen to it EVERY single night when I go to bed. It's just like a hug from my Heavenly Father. No matter what life throws at me - one Lily will still be growing bright and beautiful.

Btw - if anyone has the sheet music to this song, or knows where I can get it, please leave a comment. I would LOVE to sing it.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow. Those are great lyrics. I'd never heard it before. Thanks for sharing it. If you ever find out where to get the sheet music, please post the info! I'd like to know, too. :)

Mrs. Kristy Rowell said...

I don't have the music to the song. But it is an easy one to pick out. I'm sure Emily could pick it up. If not I could set down and tell her the chords she needs to play. What's nice about that too is that I could transpose the chords to your voice range too. So Emily wouldn't have to transpose it. Just let me know.